Pages

Saturday 26 July 2014

Cosies galore

Crochet is a taking up all my time, so very little has been happening on the quilting front. I only have two ufo tops left to finish, my tone it down top and the really boring low volume top. I might add borders to it so I can use it as the backing for the tone it down top.

Talking to my sister one night, I decided to make her an owl cosy as a bit of a joke. I found a copy of an old pattern on Grand Purlba's site, bought a crochet hook and yarn and jumped right in.

Stupidly, I can't find a good photo of the final product!

In May, I saw a knit/crochet along for a pineapple tea cosy and had to join in! I didn't like my effort of the crochet stitch, so did a bit of research and found another stitch which I thought would work a treat. Obviously, that meant I couldn't follow the kal pattern.

Anyhow, I ended up making two pineapple cosies, one for my sister and one for me.

 

Charity cosies were next. I mostly made them up as I went.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Then one for my brother, with cattle dog puppies on it.

 

Then I reused the cosy base from the sunflower charity on, added more length to it and made a daffodil one for my mother.

 

Now, I have to make a new base for the sunflower, finish the base for a fruit basket cosy and a base for a carnation cosy. Who knows what I'll do after that!

 

1 comment:

  1. these are incredible! So clever and fun.
    LeeAnna at not afraid of color

    ReplyDelete

Hello. Thanks for visiting my blog. I love to read any comments you might wish to leave and try to email everyone who comments. I don't normally reply on the comment page :)