On Wednesday, I had a few completions. First, I finished the continuous curves on the double nine patch. I've now also finished off all the SID in the borders and basted the outside border. Here is a pic of the basted and continuous curves. The basting of the nine patches was done with water soluble thread, but with the heat and humidity we've been experiencing, I had a lot of thread breaks. Hopefully it will wash out.
|I hope the basting washes out!|
I also finally finished adding the last row of flowers to my grandmother's flower garden. It has taken ages since we got home, as I have only worked on it on the train to and from work. Next up is basting it. I have to have both quilts finished before the upcoming birthdays in late March and early April, and have to send the late March one off to ensure it reaches my sister in time.
I'm glad to have finished this flimsy. So, two sort of finishes and WIPs this week.
I'm now planning possible quilts for my niece and nephew, both young adults.
|Lying on a queen size bed|
|Hanging in it's own glory|