Pages

Saturday 5 January 2013

Pictures of Kentuckii Botanica

I finally gave this quilt to my friend for her 50th birthday, a couple of weeks late as they were away on holidays.  I hope she likes it.

I finished it in 2012 and I still love this quilt.  Most of the blocks have been quilted using different fillers from Leah Day's website.  She has great tutorials and helped me immensely in quilting my first bed quilt using Fmq.  I cannot thank Linzi Upton (the maker of the original quilt) or Leah Day enough.

Photos of each of the blocks are below, just so I don't forget the variety.  Rather than a label, I quilted the details into the border of the quilt, surrounded by the January FMQ leaf pattern.  My crazy feathers block was from the Diane Gaudisky challenge.


























7 comments:

  1. What a beautiful sampler of your quilting you have created! I'm sure your friend will treasure it always!
    I do love the wonderful scrappy yet coordinated nature of your flower/stem/leaf designs, and how you used so many FMQ designs in the blocks to mix it up so nicely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Quilt And Quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful quilt and FMQ. You did a great job incorporating a variety of designs. Lovely.

    SewCalGal
    www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. very nice quilting...i can see the thought process...lots of great desgins

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow ~ so lovely! and such cheerful colors!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks great! I love both the quilt design and the FMQ. What a creative way to do a FMQ sampler!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely quilt you have made using the FMQ samples so cleverly too. It is gorgeous I feel sure your friends will treasure it.

    ReplyDelete

Hello. Thanks for visiting my blog. I love to read any comments you might wish to leave and try to email everyone who comments. I don't normally reply on the comment page :)