Pages

Wednesday 5 June 2013

So close, and yet so far

Linking up with WIP Wednesday at http://www.freshlypieced.com/2013/06/wip-wednesday-chevron-love.html. Tonight, the last two kites were pieced!

 

Most of the spiderweb quilt top is now in one piece, other than the bottom row and right hand side column of the blocks.

 

This started as planned geometric piecing, but has ended up being crazy geometric. I can't wait to get the top finished, quilted and in use. I am very happy with this top, even the mismatching seams, as it is bright and energetic.

 

14 comments:

  1. I really love this!!! I have to put this on my to do list!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. DO you have a flickr-account???

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your spiders' web quilt looks amazing - how beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great scrappy quilt - it looks lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a great spiderweb top. Love all the colours.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is going to be a fabulous quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  7. gorgeous with all pops of color!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks everyone. I've still got lots of bias seams to go, but once they're done, I have to decide if I'll put on a border. I don't really want one but think that quilting and bias edges really don't go together.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so bright and fun and beautiful. It makes me think of a kaleidoscope, one of my favorite toys. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Hello. Thanks for visiting my blog. I love to read any comments you might wish to leave and try to email everyone who comments. I don't normally reply on the comment page :)