A couple of weeks ago, I finished my sister's quilt, a red and white double nine patch on point. It's taken about five washes to try and get the dissolving thread out, and the lines from those stitches still show. Hopefully a few more washes and they'll be completely gone. My sister will be coming up for a visit in a couple of weeks, so I won't post it to her but wait to give it to her when she arrives.
Here it the back of the quilt, hanging on the clothes line. Its the first sunny day we've had in a couple of months.
Here it is lying on the floor - the ripple in the side is only due to the clothes line. The border is actually flat - hooray.
|First alternate motif|
|Second alternate motif|
On the train to work yesterday morning, I also finished hand sewing the binding to my mother-in-law's GMFG hexagon lap quilt.
I also started an improv star quilt as a present for someone. It didn't take long to piece and I've started to quilt it in the last couple of days. Progress to date.