Pages

Tuesday 6 May 2014

Crochet, no quilting

I've decided to crochet for a while, as the weather has turned cold in the sub tropics. Joined a pineapple tea cosy knit/crochet along, although I only crochet.

The layout of my second DP lap quilt is decided. Just the setting triangles to cut.

 

 

I also finished the owl tea cosy for my sister. It hasn't turned out quite as expected, but it can be the prototype (size wise) for the pineapple tea cosy, which is also for my sister. I'll make a big raspberry for my teapot, as it is short and stout.

 

I just realised I don't have a finished picture of the owl! Maybe the next post.

The pineapple tea cosy has involved a lot of unraveling. I didn't like my effort with the puff stitch, so created my own pattern. The original pattern is the top bit and the stitch I have decided on is the bottom section. I had more than half finished the second side before I realised it was too wide, so had to unravel the whole thing and start again. Grrr to self.

I hope to have it finished in a couple of weeks. Fingers crossed that I won't have to unravel again, although I might redo the first side to make it straight. I am brain dead.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello. Thanks for visiting my blog. I love to read any comments you might wish to leave and try to email everyone who comments. I don't normally reply on the comment page :)