Pages

Thursday 29 November 2012

Final full flowers

We have been in Bangkok for three nights, on our way home.  I found a fabric shop in Edinburgh with some quilting fabric.  The woman behind the counter wasn't very friendly, but I bought some plain fabrics so I could make the final flowers using fabric I bought in Amsterdam and Ljubljana.

My final full flowers are below.  My phone is so frustrating as it washes out all the colour.  The blue flower has delft blue in the outer petals.

I've been quiet as I've been joining all the original flowers together.  All I have to do now is join the last four flowers to each other and to the rest of the flimsy, sew together two half flowers (don't have the fabric to do that until I get home), add in the two missing petals that I lost on the train and finish off the white border at the bottom of the quilt.  

Ill post a picture of the full flimsy when I get home and can upload a photo from a real camera.  It should only take a couple of fullish days, so maybe at the end of next week I'll definitely have finished the top.  I'm not sure if I'll finish it with straight edges or do a hexi border.  Any ideas?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello. Thanks for visiting my blog. I love to read any comments you might wish to leave and try to email everyone who comments. I don't normally reply on the comment page :)