Wednesday, 8 May 2013

WIP Wednesday - spiderweb update

Not much seems to have changed since last week on my design wall. I have made quite a few more kites, but there are still lots of empty spaces!

I've moved some of the webs around and still have to make a few more changes before I'm happy with the layout, but on the whole, it's going well. It's also a lot faster than I originally envisaged, as I thought it might take me a year or two to finish:). The fabric on the floor is a flannelette I bought to possibly use for the backing - little old fashioned telephones. It might be a bit cute for this quilt, but the colours work.

Piecing of the kites is very wasteful, but tonight, I figured out a way to use less fabric, so I'm happy with that. Here is my rubbish after making two kite sets. Hopefully I won't have as much left over from now on.

I'm linking up to the Freshly Pieced WIP Wednesday at




  1. That's awesome! I love the colors. It's always great to find a new way to be less wasteful :)

  2. Wow- this is so eye catching. Can't wait to see more progress.

  3. Wow... what an amazing quilt. I love what you have done with the white space.

  4. Thanks everyone - I don't think I need too much encouragement to finish this quilt


Hello. Thanks for visiting my blog. I love to read any comments you might wish to leave and try to email everyone who comments. I don't normally reply on the comment page :)