Pages

Saturday 5 April 2014

APQ Tone it Down quilt blocks - DONE - tick

I finally became really industrious and decided to chain piece the last four blocks at once.  I should have done this from the beginning, apart from the first block.

It has been a mountain of sewing - I webbed the sub-units to make sure I didn't get them muddled - thanks Bonnie Hunter!

Here are the last four blocks.




And here they all are together.  Obviously my design wall is not high enough to fit them all on.  This isn't the final layout and I still have to make 27 more nine patches for the sashing, but its looking lovely.


It is such a pretty quilt.

The hexagons continue, although I am starting to get stabbing pains in my hand - I think from all the hand sewing.  I might have to slow down on those.

Once the Tone it Down quilt is finished, I'll have two quilt tops to baste and quilt and one still being made into a top.  I think I've already decided on the next one - curved piecing!

3 comments:

  1. What a great mix of blocks. I really like the red and aqua block you made.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the mix of colors! I would call this quilt spectacular. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. One word for you - Jealous!! I've got the first 8 done. I'm slowly getting there! Congrats on getting them done! You and I know how much work goes into each block! Hope I finish soon, like this year!!

    ReplyDelete

Hello. Thanks for visiting my blog. I love to read any comments you might wish to leave and try to email everyone who comments. I don't normally reply on the comment page :)